So, my week 1 shopping ban went well So onto my mini shopping ban week 2!
I think I did an excellent job. Was it perfect? Um no. But that leaves room for improvement!!! It was harder than I thought it would be. I find I am drawn to going online shopping, well, all the time… When I am bored, watching TV, waiting for E to get up… I go on to see the latest deals, if my wishlist stuff is on sale, etc. I just need to get more self-control.
This week will be great. Again, a bit of a cheat week since nothing is open on New Years. Well, Amazon is always open…
Here are the rules I had for the first week.
What I CAN buy for the FIRST WEEK*
- Groceries Yup bought groceries
- Toiletries Toilet paper
- Modge podge with a coupon 50% off coupon! Say what!
- Christmas tree that is prelit (if it is a good deal) Didn’t find one, so I guess that is a win?
- Birthday gift Didn’t get a chance to go out, so that will be this week
- I am considering a Fitbit Alta HR… Must be on sale and we will see
What I CAN NOT buy for the FIRST WEEK
- Clothes for myself Bought NO CLOTHES!
- Clothes for E – this will be hard Bought nothing for E either! I am so proud! It was so hard.
- Toys for E – also hard She got such great stuff for Christmas, I didn’t buy anything for her this week, even though there were great deals!
- Anything on Amazon (so sad!) I looked. I hemmed and hawed, I did not buy
- Junk food/candy eek… I bought fudge. I love fudge. It’s bad… That was the last time, I swear
- Fast food I almost failed here. I was so tempted to buy pizza, but I came home and made a quick dinner instead! Ya me
- Alcohol I bought 4 cans of beer for NYE. Didn’t end up needing them… fail
I also bought E a tote for her baby stuff (memory box like) and a command hook for her bibs. I bought extra groceries for making apps for the party, that was not accounted for.
So I guess it wasn’t a bad week! It was harder than I thought it would be that is for sure. Which is hilarious, because it is only 7 days… Like really.
Well, I didn’t save any money this week, due to the unforeseen double grocery bill. But I didn’t buy anything either so that is a HUGE win for me!!
This Shopping ban second-week hopping ban should be easy… Well, it is crazy cold out, and it is so easy to shop online when it is like this. But I got this!
What I CAN buy for the SECOND WEEK
- Groceries – aiming for just once at the store this week!
- Birthday gift X2
- Railing on my stairs – if it happens this week
- Kitchen Cabinets – if it happens this week
What I CAN NOT buy for the SECOND WEEK
- Clothes for myself
- Clothes for E – this will be hard
- Toys for E – also hard
- Anything on Amazon (so sad!)
- Junk food/candy
- Fast food
Not a whole not different really… Which is good I guess, will make it easy to stay on track!
Did you try a mini shopping ban yet? Is anything stopping you? Let me know in the comments